Our benefits package is designed to attract and retain bright, talented people. While benefits may vary by location, below details our comprehensive package which is made up of conventional and tailored programs that enable employees to share in ARIAD's successes while staying healthy, preparing for the future, meeting individual career goals and balancing the demands of work and personal life.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays — ARIAD employees enjoy a total of FIVE full weeks of PTO per year, eight holidays and a holiday break from December 25 through the start of the New Year.
- Flex workplace/Flex Time — ARIAD employees who can seamlessly work from outside the office are encouraged to do so one day a week and we have programs to alter the start and end time for employees wishing to do so.
- Fitness Membership Reimbursements — ARIAD reimburses employees up to $30 per month for any fitness membership.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account — With pre-tax dollars, you can help pay for such expenses as day care or after-school programs.
ARIAD employees benefit from an expansive health care insurance package. As a company committed to improving lives of patients, we are similarly focused on the well-being and health of our employees. Our programs start on the first day of employment and include:
- Medical — Our health plan includes an extensive network of doctors and specialists from which to choose. This plan offers prescription drug coverage and other discounts. ARIAD pays 80-90 percent of the plan premiums.
- Dental — Our premier dental plan covers preventive care costs, in addition to basic restorative care costs, and major restorative care costs with a $3,000 annual benefit limit.
- Health Care Flexible Spending — We offer a health care flexible spending account (FSA) to help pay for health-related expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Vision — We have comprehensive vision care coverage. Services may include eye examinations, eyeglasses, contact lenses, and discounted laser vision correction surgery.
ARIAD Employees have the security of being covered in case of emergency. Our employees are eligible for the following programs:
- Short-Term Disability — premiums in our self-insured short-term disability insurance is paid in full by ARIAD and covers 100% of an employees’ salary for 90 days.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance — Premiums are paid in-full by ARIAD.
- Long-Term Care Insurance — Employees are eligible for Long Term Care insurance. Premiums are paid in-full by ARIAD and spouses and partners are also eligible.
- Life Insurance — Premiums are paid in-full by ARIAD and cover two times an employees’ annual base salary.
- Accidental Death & Disability — ARIAD provides employees with accidental death and disability insurance valued at two-times base salary at no cost.
- Business Travel Insurance — Employees traveling on ARIAD business are eligible for this coverage.
It’s never too early or too late to plan for retirement. ARIAD offers employees
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan — With over 20 fund choices, Employees can defer up to 60% of eligible pay up to the annual IRS limit. ARIAD provides a 50% match, vesting immediately, up to 6 percent of an employees’ income.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan — Employees are eligible to purchase ARIAD stock at a 15 percent discount.
- Long-Term Incentive Plan — ARIAD employees can receive Incentive Stock Options, Non-Qualified Stock Options, Stock Appreciation Rights, Restricted Stock, Restricted Stock Units, and other equity-based awards.
ARIAD supports the important life events of our employees with benefits including:
- Paternity Leave — ARIAD provides a two-week, fully paid paternity leave for any person has added to their family by either birth or adoption. This time is in addition to all PTO and can be used over that year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) — Our confidential EAP is available to all employees free of charge for issues related to stress, finances, legal matters, family, nutrition, emotional issues and more.
- Transportation — Employees may choose either onsite parking or to have their MBTA pass paid for by ARIAD. Employees are also eligible to use the EZRide shuttle service in Cambridge
- Tuition Reimbursement — ARIAD reimburses tuition for qualified courses up to $5,000 annually.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program — Eligible employees are awarded up to $2000 for referring new employees to ARIAD.
- First-Time Home Buyer Assistance — ARIAD will reimburse eligible employees up to $5,000 in costs associated with purchasing their first home.
- Travel Assistance Services — Our Europ Assistance program provides emergency services when our Employees are traveling more than 100 miles from home – whether on business or pleasure.
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. reserves the right to alter its benefit plans and programs, with or without notice, at any time.